Wednesday, 16 November 2016

What insurance does a builder need?

The most important policy for a builder to carry is Public Liability.  This covers third party property damage and personal injury.

Builders always come into contact with the public and are often on third party property, so Public Liability claims are frequent.

Tools are also important to insure for their full replacement value.  Without their tools, builders are unable to work so covering them (especially against theft) is vitally important.

Workers Compensation is a statutory requirement for builders who employ others.  Many construction companies will not allow builders on-site without adequate Public Liability and Workers Compensation insurance.

Finally, Contract Works is another policy that builders should consider.  It covers a building contract during the construction phase and can include all tools and materials on-site.

There's a lot to consider as a builder and Westralian Insurance can help!  Call us today on (08) 9302 1388 or visit

No comments:

Post a Comment