Wednesday, 6 December 2017

Do I need income protection insurance?
Income Protection is a very useful policy covering your income in the event of illness or injury preventing you from being able to work.  It often covers up to 80% of your income, paid either weekly or monthly, depending on the policy wording.  The main way that Income Protection differs from Workers Compensation, is that it does not have to be a work-related injury or illness in order for you to claim.  However, medical expenses are not covered in the same way as Workers Compensation, only your ongoing income or wages are insured.

If you are thinking about taking out Income Protection, it’s important to speak to a specialist insurance broker who has the relevant licence to sell this type of insurance policy.

Westralian Insurance can assist, referring you to a trusted, income protection specialist.  Call us today on (08) 9302 1388 or visit