Monday, 19 September 2016

What insurance should I have as a landlord?

A landlord needs to protect their investment.  Your building sum insured needs to be an accurate replacement value of the building, including costs for removal of debris and associated professional fees such as architect costs.  You should also include cover for contents such as carpets, curtains, fixtures and fittings.

Be sure to check that your policy has some cover for Property Owners Liability.

Finally, there are additional covers you can add to a Landlord Policy such as Loss of Rent, Rent Default and Theft by a tenant.

Westralian Insurance can answer your questions and provide an obligation free quote - call the knowledgeable and friendly staff on (08) 9302 1388 or visit