Wednesday, 14 June 2017

What type of insurance does a contractor need?

The main exposure for any contractor is Public Liability insurance, which is third party property damage or personal injury.  Many contractors working in the construction industry, need to show proof of Public Liability Insurance before they can commence work, and the level of cover usually has to match that of the principal contractor on the project.  Contractors working in any design, advisory or consultancy-type roles should also consider Professional Indemnity insurance, to cover professional errors relating to their advice and/or designs.  Finally, Workers Compensation is also a legal requirement for any contractors who have employees.                                       

For more information or a quote, call the friendly professionals at Westralian Insurance on (08) 9302 1388...or visit today!