Wednesday, 15 June 2016

What insurance do I need for my mobile plumbing business?

Most importantly, you will need a Public and Products Liability policy to cover your activities as a Plumber.  You will find that most policies have a limitation on underground services claims – this means that you need to dial before you dig and check the location of underground pipes and cables before carrying out any excavation work.  If you don’t check prior to commencing works, you may find that a subsequent claim will be declined.

Secondly, you want to ensure that you have coverage for your tools.  A good insurance policy should cover your tools for Fire, Damage in a collision and Theft from a locked vehicle or premise.  It is also possible to have the Theft cover extended to include Theft in the Open Air if you wish.

If you engage any employees or subcontractors, there is a requirement by law to cover them for Workers Compensation.

Income Protection or Personal Accident and Illness cover is also recommended.

For more information, call Westralian Insurance on +618 9302 1388 or visit

Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Do I need Public Liability insurance?

Public Liability insurance protects you, and your business, from financial loss caused by property damage or injury to a member of the public at your place of business or whilst undertaking your work, Australia wide, resulting from negligence.  It is not compulsory in Western Australia, however it is advisable for all business to have a current Public Liability policy, especially if you are entering into contracts as it may be a requirement for these.  If you are own a retail shop or are a tradesperson, you should certainly consider Public Liability insurance cover.  For more information, contact Westralian Insurance on (08) 9302 1388.