Wednesday, 31 August 2016

What insurance should a builder have?
The most important policy for a builder to carry is Public Liability.  This covers third party property damage and personal injury.  Builders always come into contact with the public and are often on third party property, so Public Liability claims are frequent.

It's also important to insure ALL tools, for their full replacement value, as without their tools, builders are unable to work!  Covering them (especially against theft) is vital.

If you employ staff, Workers Compensation is a statutory requirement.   Many construction companies will not allow builders on-site without adequate Public Liability and Workers Compensation insurance.

Contract Works is another policy that builders should consider.  It covers a building contract during the construction phase and can include all tools and materials on-site.

For more information or an obligation free quote from our knowledgeable and friendly staff, please call Westralian Insurance on (08) 9302 1388, or visit

Wednesday, 10 August 2016

What insurance should an IT contractor have?

Ideally, you want to package both your Professional Indemnity and General Liability policies with the one insurer to avoid any 'grey' areas of cover.  There are a number of insurers who offer a tailor made Information Technology package, which includes additional cover specific to your industry. 
Westralian Insurance can answer all of your insurance questions plus provide a cost effective insurance solution - contact our office today on (08) 9302 1388, or visit