Wednesday, 26 October 2016

What insurance does a carpenter need?

Firstly, you will need insurance covering your Public and Products Liability.  This will provide you with cover should you be negligent and cause damage to someone else's property, or cause injury to a third party. 
You should also consider covering your tools - as a carpenter will usually carry expensive items such as drop saws and laser levels.  There are various levels of cover for tools available, including theft from a locked vehicle or premises and fire or damage caused by a collision or overturning of a vehicle.  An optional level of cover you can also include is Accidental Damage – ensuring you'll be covered if you drop that expensive laser level!

If you are engaging the services of subcontractors or employees, you will need to cover them for Workers Compensation.  Dependant on your business structure, you may be able to cover yourself on the Workers Compensation policy – or if unable to do so, you may consider an Income Protection or Personal Accident and Illness policy.

Westralian Insurance can provide the complete insurance solution, as well as assist with your paperwork and any claims.  Call us today on (08) 9302 1388 or visit

No comments:

Post a Comment