Wednesday, 30 November 2016

What insurance does a make-up artist need?

You will need a Public and Products Liability policy if you are a make-up artist.  It is very important to check your policy coverage though, to ensure there is a treatment risk extension on the policy.  The coverage afforded under this extension varies by insurer, so you will need to read it very carefully to ensure it covers the application of make-up. 

You may also want to consider covering your makeup kit if you are a mobile artist – as this would most likely be very expensive to replace if it were stolen from your vehicle.

If you have employees, or use subcontractors, you will need to cover them for Workers Compensation.  Depending on your business structure, you may be able to cover yourself on the Workers Compensation policy – or if you're unable to do so, you may consider an Income Protection or Personal Accident and Illness policy.
For more information or a free quote, call Westralian Insurance today - (08) 9302 1388, or visit

No comments:

Post a Comment