Wednesday, 30 August 2017

Do I need insurance to sell candles?

In order to sell candles via retail or wholesale channels, you should obtain a General Liability policy for at least $5 million, but preferably $10 million or $20 million given today’s increasingly litigious society. 

The policy should also include Products Liability to cover any third party property damage or personal injury arising from the products themselves.  The stock of candles should also be insured for full replacement value in the event of fire, storm, theft etc.

Furthermore, any retailer with employees must take out Workers Compensation for their staff as a statutory requirement.

For more information, advice or a quote, call the knowledgeable and friendly staff at Westralian Insurance on (08) 9302 1388 or visit

No comments:

Post a Comment