Wednesday, 18 October 2017

What insurance do I need as a subcontractor?

The main exposure for any subcontractor is Public Liability, which is third party property damage or personal injury.  Many contractors working in the construction industry need to show proof of Public Liability Insurance before they can commence work.  The level of cover usually has to match that of their principal contractor. 

Subcontractors working in any design, advisory or consultancy-type roles should also consider Professional Indemnity, to cover professional errors relating to their advice and/or designs.  Workers Compensation is also a legal requirement for any subcontractors who have employees.

Westralian Insurance can answer your questions, as well as provide a complete insurance solution, tailored to your individual requirements!  Call the friendly professionals today on (08) 9302 1388 or visit

No comments:

Post a Comment